Marine Basic First Aid-Blended
7 hours on line and 7.5 haurs in class.
Comprehensive course designed to meet the needs of those
expected to provide first aid in a marine environment. Course uses
a combination of lecture, discussion, and scenarios taken from the
marine/fishing industry to teach the required knowledge and skills.
Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in
Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E.
• The Red Cross
• Responding to Emergencies
• The EMS system
• Check, Call, Care
• Airway emergencies
• Breathing and Circulation emergencies
• First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – adult
• Wound care
• Head and spine injuries
• Bone, muscle and joint injuries
• Sudden Medical Emergencies
• Environmental Emergencies